Souvenirs play an important role in travel. They help us recall special moments long after our vacations are over. These 10 mementos from the General Store will help you remember all the fun you had at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Ever wonder why on vacation we’re lured into shops that sell trinkets emblazoned with the name of a place or attraction? Bringing home a little bit of the place we’ve been is not only fun in the moment when we’re shopping, that cute t-shirt or kitschy coffee cup can also bring us a mini-dose of happiness every time we put it on or fill our mug.
Kristen Swanson studies merchandising and what people buy when they’re vacationing. “Research has shown that all tourists, or most tourists…there’s always that one exception, are predisposed to shop for souvenirs as part of the activities they’re going to do when they go traveling,” Swanson said. “A souvenir is a remembrance of an experience. They have emotional value attached to them that ordinary objects don’t have.”
Souvenirs also happen to be excellent conversation starters. When you wear that Glenwood Caverns t-shirt, you never know who might ask you about your experience at America’s only mountain-top theme park. Break out your set of Glenwood Caverns shot glasses and regale your friends with stories of how you screamed like a little baby on the Giant Canyon Swing or Haunted Mine Drop. Smile as your kids re-enact exploring make-believe caves while wearing their toy caver’s helmets.
Stopping at the gift shop to peruse the merchandise and select something special to take home is part of the pleasure of vacationing. A visit to the General Store at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is no exception. Favorite souvenirs that guests like to take home from the park include:
- Pressed pennies. It’s an inexpensive keepsake you can tuck in your pocket.
- Yummy cake mixes packaged in wine and beer bottles. Not only do these travel well, they make great gifts for that special person back home watering your plants and watching your dog.
- Wooden signs. These fun signs have sayings focused on hiking, camping and Colorado living.
- Kid-sized caver’s helmets. After the cave tours, encourage their spelunking dreams with child-sized caving gear.
- Logoed merchandise like t-shirts, coffee mugs and shot glasses. Among the most practical souvenirs, these items can be worn or used again and again.
- Saw-cut wooden bears. These cute critters like hanging out on fire place mantles and front porches after they leave Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- A bag full of polished rocks. Let the youngsters mine for their favorite polished rocks to take home in a drawstring bag.
- Old fashioned toys. Keep kids entertained with retro-toys like popguns, slingshots and boomerangs.
- Adorn yourself with something pretty and sparkly.
- Fudge. Even locals and staff members can’t get enough of this treat. It’s made daily from fresh ingredients and comes in a mouthwatering variety of flavors. Top-sellers are Rocky Road, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Mint Chocolate.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Glenwood Caverns Hosts Giving Thanks Party with LiftUp - November 12, 2018
- Glenwood Caverns Throws Tram Farewell Party - October 19, 2018
- Last Chance for Mountaintop Thrills - October 8, 2018
- A Season for Celebrating: Octoberfest at Glenwood Caverns - September 21, 2018