Take the party to new heights at Friday Afternoon Club every week now through Feb. 23 at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Celebrate the end of the work week or the beginning of a weekend getaway to Glenwood Springs with an altitude adjustment – Glenwood Caverns style. On Friday nights though late-February, ride the Iron Mountain Tramway to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, where all winter long we’ll kick-start the weekend with an evening of socializing, merry-making, drink specials, live music, free tram rides, dancing, lots of twinkly lights and delicious food specials.
FAC takes place from 5 – 8:30 p.m. With a quick ride aboard one of our signature orange gondolas, we’ll elevate your weekend plans in a matter of minutes. Guests can ride the tram free after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent on Fridays. The coupon is valid for free tram rides for up to four people.
At the top, wander around, take in the views and snuggle by the fire pits, or upgrade your free tram ride at the General Store to a Funday pass for just $26 to include 2 cave tours, the lighted Alpine Coaster, 4D Theater, Laser Tag and the new Haunted Mine Drop.
When you’re ready, settle in for the remainder of the evening at the Lookout Grille where we’ll be serving up specially priced food and drink specials that warm both the belly and the spirit. Drink specials change every half hour with the spin of a wheel.
The highlight of each Friday night is amazing music played by some of our favorite, hyper-talented local bands. Count on this lineup to have you toe-tapping, boot-scootin, and foot stompin’ the night away.
- Frank Martin is one the valley’s favorite songwriters, singers and multi-instrumentalists. His vocals rise to gospel heights, and his guitar and mandolin playing cross genres with fire and finesse.
- Friday, Dec. 8. Goodman Unplugged performs classic rock, Stevie Ray Vaughn cover tunes and early country and blues.
- Friday, Dec. 15. Charley Wagner is a singer and songwriter with a laid-back, folk-Americana sound.
- Friday, Dec. 22. Feeding Giants plays a mix of coffee house rock, classic country, blues and originals; they are often compared to the Civil Wars.
- Friday, Dec. 29. Shady Lane
- Friday, Jan. 5 Indigo Mojo is an Americana band whose original songs fuse elements of rock, country, Celtic and folk music.
- Friday, Jan. 12. Frank Martin is back.
- Friday, Jan. 19. The Logan Brothers are a classic rock, folk rock, and modern rock cover band with outstanding lead vocals, two-part harmony, guitar, melodic bass lines, drums and harmonica.
- Friday, Jan.26. Chris Bank is a Roaring Fork Valley favorite playing Motown, R&B and jazz sounds.
- Friday, Feb. 2. Jazz Hunter
- Friday, Feb. 9. The Logan Brothers return for an encore performance.
- Friday, Feb. 16. Starcher Hutsen features a unique brand of acoustic sound. They’re known for classic rock, original songs and covers of James Taylor, Snow Patrol, Eagles, David Gray, Beatles, Damian Rice, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and more.
- Friday, Feb. 23. Good Unplugged is the season’s finale. Don’t miss it!
See you at the top for FAC at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park – America’s only mountain-top theme park.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Top off your Adventure Park Visit with Special Events - May 29, 2019
- Summer’s Here! It’s Time to Buy Your Annual Thrill Pass - May 24, 2019
- Solutions for Adventure Park Visitors with Pets - April 26, 2019
- Media Buzz: Glenwood Caverns Named A Winner (Twice) - March 8, 2019