America’s only mountain-top theme park celebrates the start of the holiday season with its 4th Annual Turkey Tram-a-Ganza and Winter on the Mountain at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
The tradition continues! Count on Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, for holiday spirit and merriment – lend a helping hand to those in need, spend time with friends and family, and get into the holiday groove with music, lights, Santa and more.
It all begins on Saturday, Nov. 18.
Turkey Tram-a-Ganza. (Noon to 4 p.m.) Generosity and giving to those less fortunate are an integral part of the holidays; that’s why we kick off the season with our Turkey Tram-a-Ganza. Bring a frozen turkey to the Glenwood Caverns tram base and receive up to four free tram rides per donated turkey, or bring a can of food (or non-perishable) for a single tram pass. Community food pantry, LIFT-UP will distribute turkeys and other Thanksgiving fixings to area families in need. Turkey donors also get the chance to enter a drawing to win an Annual Thrill Pass or two day passes to Iron Mountain Hot Springs.
- Winter on the Mountain Kick-off Party. (5 p.m. to closing) Stay for the festivities at this annual party that celebrates the start of the holidays with an abundance of good cheer. Kids can meet Santa in the North Pole and get bear hugs from the Coco-Cola polar bear. The Alpine Coaster and Haunted Mine Drop will be open, as well as several other attractions. Warm up, roast s’mores and sip hot beverages around the fire pits in the plaza. Local trio, the Leonard Curry Band will be performing holiday favorites in the Lookout Grille. At 6 p.m., the lighting of a musical Christmas tree is one of the highlights of evening.
And continues through Sunday, Feb. 25
Winter on the Mountain (through Sunday, Feb. 25) Even if you miss the kick-off party, you can still get your seasonal dose of winter magic through the end of February. Santa may be long gone, but the lights, cozy atmosphere and a multitude of things to do will remain.
- Friday Afternoon Club. (Nov. 18 – Feb. 23) For the next several months, The Lookout Grille hosts Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Relax with friends, listen to local bands and enjoy drink and food specials. After 4 p.m. on FAC Fridays, tram rides are free; mention FAC at the tram base to receive free tram rides for up to four people.
- The sponsors. Thank you to our generous sponsors that help make Winter on the Mountain a success: Community Banks of Colorado, Glenwood Insurance Agency and Safeco Insurance, Bighorn Toyota, Coca-Cola, Young Services, Tractor Supply Company, KSNO the Mammoth, KREX News Channel 5 and the Glenwood Springs Post Independent.
Important details and info.
Best Value. The Winter Funday Pass is the best value to enjoy Winter on the Mountain. It includes the tram ride, unlimited turns on the Alpine Coaster, Haunted Mine Drop, 4D Motion Theater and laser tag arena, and two guided cave tours at a cost of just $42 per adult and $37 per child, ages 3 to 12. A round-trip ride on the Iron Mountain Tramway is $16 per adult and $11 per child for guests who want to view the lights, enjoy lunch or dinner at the Lookout Grille, do some shopping at the General Store and visit with Santa. Purchase tickets online or at the tram base.
- Winter on the Mountain at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 25, 2018. The park is closed Monday through Thursday. During the holidays, it will be open daily Nov. 17 to 26, except for Thanksgiving Day, and Dec. 22 to Jan. 7, except for Christmas Day.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- Top off your Adventure Park Visit with Special Events - May 29, 2019
- Summer’s Here! It’s Time to Buy Your Annual Thrill Pass - May 24, 2019
- Solutions for Adventure Park Visitors with Pets - April 26, 2019
- Media Buzz: Glenwood Caverns Named A Winner (Twice) - March 8, 2019