In addition to cave tours, thrill rides and family fun, summer at America’s only mountain-top theme park means live music six days a week, entertainment for kids and some greats deals.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is putting the new Glenwood Gondola to good use this summer with more live music events than ever, plus some really good deals. Its season kicks off the week of June 10 with Two for Tuesdays, Friday Afternoon Club and Music on the Mountain. That’s the icing on the cake of the mountain-top theme park known for its cave tours, extreme thrill rides, panoramic views and family-friendly fun.
Summertime is Concert-time!
“Our summer season has arrived! Getting more people up and down the mountain quickly was our main goal with the new Glenwood Gondola, and we’re making the most of it with more Music on the Mountain concerts than we’ve ever hosted,” explained Nancy Heard, general manager for Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. “There are 15 concerts lined up with no break during the peak season as we’ve had in the past, plus we’ll have Friday Afternoon Club and some great deals for our guests.”
Mountain-Top Music 6 Days a Week
All in all, the park features live music six days a week all summer. New this year, the park’s Two for Tuesdays begin June 11. The deal includes buy-one-get-one-free gondola rides, drinks for adults and slushies for kids after 4 p.m., plus live music. The popular Friday Afternoon Club on the Mountain events start June 14 and include free gondola rides with an ad from the Post Independent, live music and food and drink specials in the Lookout Grille. The Harmony Sisters entertain kids with fun and interactive musical performances in the plaza Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11:30 and 2:30. Guitar soloist Rodrigo Arreguin from Mexico plays Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Lookout Grille.
Eleventh Annual Music on the Mountain Kicks off June 15
The eleventh season of Music on the Mountain, Glenwood Springs’ mountain-top benefit concert series, starts Saturday, June 15, at a kick-off party with the Missing Link Band—the only band to have played in all 11 seasons—and the Dance of the Sacred Fire. Guests can ride the gondola free with the donation of at least one canned food item for the Lift-Up community food pantries. For all Saturday concerts, the free gondola rides start at 4 p.m., and the bands play from 6 to 10 p.m. For the two Sunday concerts, free gondola rides begin at 2 p.m., and the bands play from 4 to 8 p.m.
The 2019 Music on the Mountain Lineup
- Saturday, June 15: The Missing Link Band – This popular local party band appeals to all age groups and tastes by performing the best from all genres of music including classic rock, blues, pop, R & B. They’re joined by Maciej Mrotek and his team who perform the Dance of the Sacred Fire, magical high-energy, fire shows that have captivated audiences around the globe.
- Saturday, June 29: Brian Grace Band – This rockin’ country band from Colorado Springs performs original and cover songs, from Zac Brown, Jim Croce and George Strait to Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Matchbox 20 and more.
- Saturday, July 6: The Goodman Band – Specializing in classic rock and Stevie Ray Vaughn cover tunes, the three-piece Goodman Band plays songs that range from early country, rock and blues to today’s music.
- Saturday, July 13: A Band Called Alexis – This energetic, talented and entertaining group of professional musicians from the Roaring Fork Valley specializes in country and blues with a little bit of rock ‘n’ roll.
- Saturday, July 20: Poser – This high-energy, crowd-pleasing, six-piece cover band plays hits from classics like The Beatles, Santana, Springsteen, Clapton and more. The list of rock ‘n’ roll legends goes on and on.
- Saturday, July 27: Emotional Rescue – Dedicated to playing Rolling Stones tunes in an authentic, high-energy way, Emotional Rescue wows their audiences with a true Rolling Stones show.
- Saturday, August 3: Whiskey Stomp – This fun-loving, good-times band plays classic songs and energetic originals, ranging from blue grass, funk and Latino rhythms to rock, jazz and country.
- Saturday, August 10: Fifty50 – Hailing from the Roaring Fork Valley, Fifty50 performs classic, modern and original rock that has awarded them many Locals’ Choice Awards over the years.
- Saturday, August 17: The Mixx — For the young and young at heart, the dance floor will be grooving with music genres from Top 40s, R&B, classic rock, funk, country, blues and good old rock ‘n’ roll.
- Sunday, August 18: Latin Night – BJ the DJ will mix Latin night with artists including Selena, Elvis Crespo, Malo, Santana, Chuchito Valdes, Los Mex Pistols Del Norte, Ramon Ayala, Los Lonely Boys, Kumbia Kings, Jennifer Lopez and Mala Mia. Free gondola rides begin at 2 p.m., and the music plays from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 24: Johnny O Band – Originally from the Roaring Fork Valley and going strong for 22 years, the Johnny O Band creates an infectious, freestyle Pop groove that doesn’t let go.
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Echo Monday – This Roaring Fork Valley cover band draws most of its inspiration from the 90s to modern rock/alternative scene, and occasionally dips into the 80s and beyond.
- Sunday, Sept. 8: Christian Night with Kings Loyal – This collective of musicians from around the Roaring Fork Valley specializes in Christian music with a modern rock style but also play a variety of covers. Free gondola rides begin at 2 p.m., and the band plays from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 14: Painters Stage Variety Show – The gypsy sound and reggae rhythm of the local Painters Stage trio is joined by entertainers including Jammin’ Jim Pomey and performers from the Legacy Dance Company.
- Saturday, Sept. 21: The Missing Link Band – Back for the season finale, this popular local party band appeals to all age groups and tastes by performing the best from all genres of music including classic rock, blues, pop, R & B.
Thank you Sponsors!
The Adventure Park thanks its sponsors for supporting this benefit concert series: Bighorn Toyota, Coca-Cola, Glenwood Adventure Company, CUC Construction Co., GlenwoodTV.com, SGM, Young Services, Glenwood Insurance Agency, Leitner Poma, Community Banks of Colorado, Iron Mountain Hot Springs, Best Western Antlers Glenwood Springs, Tradesman Electrical Services, Glenwood Springs Post Independent, KSPN and Phil Long Honda.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., with longer hours during Saturday Music on the Mountain events.