The big game is almost here! Whether you bleed Broncos orange and blue, will be rooting for the Carolina Panthers, or are just in it for the snacks, Sunday is a good chance to kick back, relax, and enjoy the day.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is the spot to be for the Broncos-Panthers showdown! We’ll be offering appetizer specials, game-time drink specials for kids of all ages with a spinning drink wheel, and football face painting for the kids. Get a free tram ride to the top by printing off this coupon and bringing it with you (or showing it on your phone).
In celebration of the big day, here are a few random fun facts about this year’s game:
• Behind Thanksgiving, tomorrow will be the second-highest day for food consumption in the country. Americans will consume around one billion chicken wings, four million pizzas, and 325 million gallons of beer!
• For the Star Wars fans out there, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning was once named by a Star Wars author as the NFL member “most likely to be a Jedi knight.” Additionally, his nickname with the Colts was R2D2!
• Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is a pescatarian; he eats fish but not meat.
• This Sunday will mark the first time that two quarterbacks who were No. 1 overall draft picks will face off in the biggest football event of the year. Payton Manning was a No. 1 draft pick in 1998, and Cam Newton was a No. 1 draft pick in 2011.
• Additionally, their age difference is a new record: at 39 years and 26 years respectively, Manning and Newton’s age gap is the largest ever between quarterbacks at the big game.
• Finally, a 30-second commercial spot during the game will cost advertisers a record-breaking $5 million dollars!
Sunday’s weather forecast in Glenwood Springs, CO is meant to be around 40 degrees and sunny; it’s downright balmy weather for February! It’s a great opportunity to come up and enjoy the Alpine Coaster and Soaring Eagle Zip Ride before the game starts at 4:30. Click here for more info on tickets and hours. Hope to see you up here for the big game!