The big game is almost here! Whether you bleed Broncos orange and blue, will be rooting for the Carolina Panthers, or are just in it for the snacks, Sunday is a good chance to kick back, relax, and enjoy the day and catch up on some fantasy football news before the big game.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is the spot to be for the Broncos-Panthers showdown! We’ll be offering appetizer specials, game-time drink specials for kids of all ages with a spinning drink wheel, and football face painting for the kids. Get a free tram ride to the top by printing off this coupon and bringing it with you (or showing it on your phone).
In celebration of the big day, here are a few random fun facts about this year’s game:
• Behind Thanksgiving, tomorrow will be the second-highest day for food consumption in the country. Americans will consume around one billion chicken wings, four million pizzas, and 325 million gallons of beer!
• For the Star Wars fans out there, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning was once named by a Star Wars author as the NFL member “most likely to be a Jedi knight.” Additionally, his nickname with the Colts was R2D2!
• Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is a pescatarian; he eats fish but not meat.
• This Sunday will mark the first time that two quarterbacks who were No. 1 overall draft picks will face off in the biggest football event of the year. Payton Manning was a No. 1 draft pick in 1998, and Cam Newton was a No. 1 draft pick in 2011, this would make anyone who had them picked for their fantasy football team (read more here https://www.draftkings.com/fantasy-football) very happy.
• Additionally, their age difference is a new record: at 39 years and 26 years respectively, Manning and Newton’s age gap is the largest ever between quarterbacks at the big game.
• Finally, a 30-second commercial spot during the game will cost advertisers a record-breaking $5 million dollars!
Sunday’s weather forecast in Glenwood Springs, CO is meant to be around 40 degrees and sunny; it’s downright balmy weather for February! It’s a great opportunity to come up and enjoy the Alpine Coaster and Soaring Eagle Zip Ride before the game starts at 4:30. Click here for more info on tickets and hours. Hope to see you up here for the big game!