When you’re ready to take a timeout from the thrill rides and caves tours at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, head over to the Lookout Grille for an assortment of delicious winter drinks guaranteed to warm you and your crew up on frigid winter days.
Kid-friendly and adult-pleasing drinks on the winter beverage menu feature sweet seasonal ingredients like caramel, cider, cocoa, peppermint and whipped cream. Even if you’re too full for dessert, there’s almost always room for an after-meal drink whether or not it contains alcohol.
Count on these tasty libations to chase away chills. Try one on your next visit to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
- Seasonal Beer. Tap into a hoppy mood with the Adventure Park’s seasonal beer selections. All seasonal drafts only $3 per pour. Enjoy live music with your brew at Friday Afternoon Club, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Lookout Grille.
- Big Hug RumChata. Who doesn’t need a cuddle on a cold winter day? Big Hug is made with hot chocolate, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- RumChata Chai Tea. Creamy chai pairs with RumChata to make one of our most popular beverages. The spicey-sweet rum liquor is inspired by horchata, a traditional Mexican drink and makes this hot cocktail as smooth as can be.
- Spiked Cider. A holdover from fall, spiked apple cider is a crowd-pleaser in winter too. We make ours with Maker’s Mark bourbon and amaretto.
- Turtle Hot Chocolate. Dessert in a mug! This delish drink features butterscotch schnapps and hot cocoa topped with a mound of whipped cream, chocolate and caramel syrup, and is served with a flurry of chopped pecans.
- Decadent Sangria. A staple of Portugal and Spain, sangria takes on winter with the use of mulled wine that highlights the flavors of orange, berries and cloves. Decadent indeed!
- Hot Buttered Rum. Sweet and warm, this classic winter drink is perfect for cold days at the Adventure Park. A secret family recipe is at the heart of this mix of spiced rum, butter, powdered and brown sugar, and ice cream. The final flourish is a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Hot Candy Cane. Christmas décor may be stored away, but we’re keeping our candy canes close by for this peppy drink. Peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate are a match made in beverage heaven especially when topped with a cloud of whipped cream and a garnish of crushed peppermint candies.
- Irish Coffee. Java and whiskey are another classic combo ideal for a late afternoon pick-me-up. Enjoy Gaelic flair with this drink that features a trio of Emerald Isle ingredients including Jameson’s Irish Whisky, Irish cream and coffee crowned with whipped cream and sugar.
Keep children happy too with these drinks that are winter winners and sure to satisfy any youngster’s sweet tooth.
- S’mores Hot Chocolate. This campfire favorite treat comes in a mug filled with hot chocolate. The fixins’ that form the garnish include whipped cream, a marshmallow, chocolate square and graham cracker, and is popular with kids and adults alike.
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate. For Reece’s candy lovers, this one is for you. The drink combines hot chocolate and peanut butter. For a twist, it’s topped with whipped cream and additional peanut butter topping.
- Caramel Apple Cider. A fall staple that transitions well to winter, it consists of caramel flavored apple cider with a whipped cream and caramel garnish.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Simple and satisfying. Kids love the combo of hot cocoa and peppermint topped with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
Don’t let frosty winter temperatures spoil a mountain of fun at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Counter the chill factor with warming drinks for adults and kids at the Lookout Grille. Learn more about the Adventure Park’s dining options and all the things to do this winter. Make plans to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park today!