From low-key to high-energy and family-friendly to romantic, with so many things to do, Glenwood Springs is a vacation destination that lets you relax any number of ways.
With a couple of days to spend in the hot springs and adventure town, you’ll be able to check off several of these iconic things to do in Glenwood Springs. Start at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and work your way down the list!
- Get your thrills at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Rides fling you out over Glenwood Canyon, drop you into darkness and speed you down a mountain! During summer, evenings are an ideal time to visit with fewer crowds and cooler weather.
- Soak at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Sixteen soaking pools along the river are hard to beat for relaxation.
- Raft in Glenwood Canyon. Cool off, have fun and see the amazing scenery as you paddle the Colorado River.
- Hike to Hanging Lake. This beauty is the gem of Glenwood Canyon. Make reservations to hike it in advance.
- Summit to Red Mountain. For views of Glenwood Springs to Mt. Sopris above Carbondale and beyond, this hike is easily accessible from town.
- Lift off with aerial adventures. To feel free as a bird, try tandem paragliding.
- Pedal the Rio Grande or Glenwood Canyon Trail. Cycle miles of paved paths and explore at your own pace.
- Attend a mountaintop concert. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park hosts music six nights per week. Check out the events calendar to listen to music by talented artists.
- Take in a Glenwood Vaudeville Revue show. This hilarious show is family-friendly and keeps everyone in stitches from start to finish.
- Play a round of golf. For the love of the game, tee off on Glenwood Springs courses.
- Go underground. Explore the fascinating subterranean world with cave tours at Glenwood Caverns.
- Schedule a massage. As a wellness town, Glenwood’s spas offer a range of blissful treatments for the ultimate relaxation experience.
- Stroll the pedestrian bridge. Connecting downtown with North Glenwood Springs, the bridge is perfect for people watching and a post-dinner evening walk.
- Sample craft beer. Glenwood Canyon Brewpub makes award-winning beer. Try a flight and find your favorite!
- Zumba downtown. Join the crowd to shimmy and shake under the bridge on Friday nights.
- Eat a Coloradough donut. The best donuts in town, these are made fresh daily. Bet you can’t stop at just one!
- Shop for souvenirs. Wander through unique boutiques for take-home treasures to remember your visit to Glenwood Springs.
- Visit Doc. Gunslinger, gambler and Western icon, hike to Doc Holliday’s grave and visit the museum dedicated to his life and times.
- Take a history tour. Learn all about the history and the many mysteries surrounding the Hotel Colorado on weekly tours led by local characters.
- Try Rocky Mountain Oysters. A delicacy and reputed aphrodisiac, find these deep-fried treats at the Doc Holliday Tavern.
- Dine outdoors. You’ll find al fresco dining just about everywhere you go in Glenwood Springs. Eat on rooftops, in courtyards and along the river.
- Stop by the Farmers’ Market. Held on Tuesday during the summer, Glenwood’s Downtown Market is a weekly mini-festival with food, artisans, music and cooking demonstrations.
- Bridge patrol. A shady summer spot under the bridge in Bethel Plaza is a gathering place on Friday afternoons for music, magic, face painting, movies and more.
- Educate your palette. From wine to whiskey, every Friday and Saturday evening, Cooper Wine & Spirits holds tastings.
Latest posts by Karin Gamba (see all)
- 24 Things-to-Do in 48 Hours in Glenwood Springs - July 11, 2019
- Adventure Park Sweeps Locals’ Choice Awards - June 28, 2019
- Top off your Adventure Park Visit with Special Events - May 29, 2019
- Summer’s Here! It’s Time to Buy Your Annual Thrill Pass - May 24, 2019