Iron Mountain Hot Springs
Relax in Our Healing Waters....
Relax in the therapeutic waters at Colorado’s new Iron Mountain Hot Springs, located on the banks of the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs. Iron Mountain Hot Springs has created a classy hot springs resort where you can relax and rejuvenate in the iron-rich mineral waters. Enjoy soothing soaks while viewing the Colorado River and the nearby mountains.
After the thrills, visit Iron Mountain Hot Springs for a quiet, relaxing soak!
- Deep below the surface of the earth, the heat of volcanic rock is released through countless fissures that spread out through the earth’s crust.
- At Iron Mountain Hot Springs, there are several natural springs running up to the surface that have been flowing on the grounds for hundreds of years, surfacing between 102 and 109ºF.
- Large amounts of hot mineral-rich water flow through our 16 mineral pools every day, at controlled temperatures from 98º to 108ºF.
- The iron-rich waters contain calcium, sulfate, chloride, lithium and sodium, along with 8 other natural minerals.
- Family Pool – This is the largest pool, about 75 feet long, filled with 86,000 gallons of fresh water which has been geothermally heated. For the handicapped or those who avoid steps, there is a gentle ramp with handrail, providing a soft entrance into the family pool.
- Jetted Spa – Located right next to the Family Pool is a smaller, slightly elevated Whirlpool Spa with jets which provides a massaging soak at a temperature of 102ºF. Here parents can soothe in warmer waters while watching their children play in the adjacent Family Pool.
- Iron Mountain Hot Springs Mineral Pools – The temperatures vary in the 16 mineral pools, ranging from 98 to 108ºF. Some of these pools are very close to the Colorado River, making it fun to watch the passing rafters. For your enjoyment, a quiet zone surrounds the mineral pool area, contributing to the peaceful and relaxing ambiance. Two of the soaking pools have grab bars and a pool wheelchairs that allows a person to leave a mobility device, such as a wheelchair, and transfer safely into the water.
The lodge-style Bathhouse enables you to prepare for your soak in a well-appointed locker rooms. Family changing-rooms help make your visit with children more convenient. Near the changing rooms is a water bottle filling station to help guests remain hydrated while at the pools.
You can also shop in the enclosed retail store for all types of pool and swimwear, as well as lotions and other personal care items. Gift cards and pool passes are available for purchase at the gift store as well.
The Sopris Cafe, located near the Family Pool, offers snacks, salads, wraps, flat bread pizza, smoothies, soft drinks, beer, wine and canned mixed drinks.
If you have forgotten anything, you can purchase swimwear, sunscreen, hats and sunglasses in the retail shop. Be sure to check out, and take home, our exclusive Iron Mountain Hot Springs t-shirts, sweatshirts, lotions, water bottles and unique gift items. We proudly showcase many local and Colorado vendors.
Daily: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations required for a 2.5-hour soak.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas and 3 to 4 times a year for cleaning and maintenance. Please visit website for more information.
- Pricing varies depending on time of day. Please visit website for more information.
- Reservations required for a 2.5-hour soak.
Contact Iron Mountain Hot Springs
Start your family fun today!
See group discounts for your next reunion, company picnic and more!
There’s always something happening on the mountain! Visit Us.
Choose a thrill to suit your season.