Interesting & Unexpected
A mountain is ideal for many things – hiking, skiing, hang gliding, but it’s not the most logical location for a theme park. Yet, situated 7, 100 feet above sea level in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, is America’s only mountain-top theme park. How exactly did Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park end up there?
Well, follow the path of curiosity long enough, as Steve and Jeanne Beckley did and you might find yourself in some interesting and unexpected places. What started out as a spelunking hobby in college became a quest to explore the private and nearly forgotten Fairy Caves, the closed-to-the-public Colorado cave fiercely protected by its then owner, Pete Prebble.
Steve and Jeanne Beckley
What began over two decades ago as nagging curiosity to explore a little known cave in Glenwood Springs has become America’s only mountain-top theme park, a place where the thrills run deep and the sky’s the limit!
Hard work pays off. Check out a small sampling of accolades the Beckleys and Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park have received over the years!
- The Haunted Mine Drop was voted the Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2017 by USA TODAY readers
- The Alpine Coaster was named one of the 10 Best Roller-coaster Rides of Your Life by USA TODAY and Park World Magazine
- The State of Colorado awarded the Beckleys the 2001 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association named them Citizens of the Year for 2002
- The Haunted Mine Drop was named one of the 12 Most Anticipated Thrill Rides of 2017 by USA Today
- The Giant Canyon Swing was named one of the 10 Most Extreme Theme Park Rides in the USA by USA TODAY
- Glenwood Caverns was named one of the 10 Best Caves in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park ranked in the top 4 for Best Family Fun in Sunset magazine Travel Awards
Start your family fun today!
See group discounts for your next reunion, company picnic and more!
There’s always something happening on the mountain! Visit Us.
Choose a thrill to suit your season.
We enjoyed the tram and cave tours. This is a unique attraction that is a fun family activity.
Becca and Kiki were wonderful tour guides. Becca had me laughing and having fun the entire time. Super informative as well. Would 10/10 recommend going on a tour with her. So impressed with how she did the tour. Kiki was super knowledgeable and was able to answer all questions and added her own fun flair! Wonderful time. Will be back for sure!
Amazing attraction. Our cave guide (Ken) was super knowledgeable and passionate about the cave system. Don the manager gave us some great local advice. Definitely recommend this experience for anyone passing through the Glenwood Springs area.
We took both cave tours and we were so lucky to have Cole as our guide. He is charming and informative and really made the tours fun. These are some amazing caves! We have been to many caves around the US and these are some of the best!! The tram ride is really fun and the entire experience was a treat!