Interesting & Unexpected
A mountain is ideal for many things – hiking, skiing, hang gliding, but it’s not the most logical location for a theme park. Yet, situated 7, 100 feet above sea level in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, is America’s only mountain-top theme park. How exactly did Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park end up there?
Well, follow the path of curiosity long enough, as Steve and Jeanne Beckley did and you might find yourself in some interesting and unexpected places. What started out as a spelunking hobby in college became a quest to explore the private and nearly forgotten Fairy Caves, the closed-to-the-public Colorado cave fiercely protected by its then owner, Pete Prebble.
Steve and Jeanne Beckley
What began over two decades ago as nagging curiosity to explore a little known cave in Glenwood Springs has become America’s only mountain-top theme park, a place where the thrills run deep and the sky’s the limit!
Hard work pays off. Check out a small sampling of accolades the Beckleys and Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park have received over the years!
- The Haunted Mine Drop was voted the Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2017 by USA TODAY readers
- The Alpine Coaster was named one of the 10 Best Roller-coaster Rides of Your Life by USA TODAY and Park World Magazine
- The State of Colorado awarded the Beckleys the 2001 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association named them Citizens of the Year for 2002
- The Haunted Mine Drop was named one of the 12 Most Anticipated Thrill Rides of 2017 by USA Today
- The Giant Canyon Swing was named one of the 10 Most Extreme Theme Park Rides in the USA by USA TODAY
- Glenwood Caverns was named one of the 10 Best Caves in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park ranked in the top 4 for Best Family Fun in Sunset magazine Travel Awards
Start your family fun today!
See group discounts for your next reunion, company picnic and more!
There’s always something happening on the mountain! Visit Us.
Choose a thrill to suit your season.
If I ever get questioned about my most memorable/best experience adventure park/rides, the answer will be Glenwood Caverns Adventure park.
This is probably one of those… read moreS L12/01/2020
Had an amazing time with the family here. The cave tours were cool. The Alpine Coaster was a blast. The holiday lights were beautiful.Eric Simonsen11/30/2020
So amazing! All we did was the gondola and cave tours but, the cave tours were amazing and here’s the ding dang deal, I think… read moreJesse Rhoads11/27/2020
A wonderful way to spend a day with the whole family. My Son is 4 and about 42 in tall. He was able to ride… read morerebekah tresslar11/20/2020
Called off work that day to drive 3 hours from Denver to hide and go on an adventure! Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park called out to… read moreAlice Q.11/16/2020
Great for family with kids 5 and older. Incredibly fun. My kids were 6 and 8 and they had a blast. Amazing views and very thrilling rides. We went during the pandemic so… read morejmarievw11/14/2020
The Fairy Cavern is cool, but the other one around back is even better. The tour guides are knowledgeable, and the people working here are… read moreAlec Black11/12/2020
Great adventure for all ages! This is the third time we’ve taken our family there and the Giant Canyon Swing and Mine Drop are a… read moreSR Wells11/11/2020
Buena opción. Una opción si estas fuera de temporada de ski. El precio ronda los 59$ incluye las atracciones limitadas arriba. La.idea de poner un pequeño parque… read moreMarcial_Orozco11/01/2020
Had a great time here with my family. No crowds short lines and an awesome team of employees. Great for big kids and adults as… read moreJim Evans11/01/2020
Fun little amusement park with great views. Kings Cavern tour was made even better with Becca giving a “light show”! All attractions are included in… read moreAngel Bischoff11/01/2020
- alejandra hurtado10/28/2020
Most amazing place! One of the best times I’ve ever had!! Great views, food & people. Staff is very friendly & helpful. Tom, that was… read moreAmber England10/27/2020