Interesting & Unexpected
A mountain is ideal for many things – hiking, skiing, hang gliding, but it’s not the most logical location for a theme park. Yet, situated 7, 100 feet above sea level in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, is America’s only mountain-top theme park. How exactly did Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park end up there?
Well, follow the path of curiosity long enough, as Steve and Jeanne Beckley did and you might find yourself in some interesting and unexpected places. What started out as a spelunking hobby in college became a quest to explore the private and nearly forgotten Fairy Caves, the closed-to-the-public Colorado cave fiercely protected by its then owner, Pete Prebble.
Steve and Jeanne Beckley
What began over two decades ago as nagging curiosity to explore a little known cave in Glenwood Springs has become America’s only mountain-top theme park, a place where the thrills run deep and the sky’s the limit!
Hard work pays off. Check out a small sampling of accolades the Beckleys and Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park have received over the years!
- The Haunted Mine Drop was voted the Best New Theme Park Attraction of 2017 by USA TODAY readers
- The Alpine Coaster was named one of the 10 Best Roller-coaster Rides of Your Life by USA TODAY and Park World Magazine
- The State of Colorado awarded the Beckleys the 2001 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Community Tourism Initiative
- Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association named them Citizens of the Year for 2002
- The Haunted Mine Drop was named one of the 12 Most Anticipated Thrill Rides of 2017 by USA Today
- The Giant Canyon Swing was named one of the 10 Most Extreme Theme Park Rides in the USA by USA TODAY
- Glenwood Caverns was named one of the 10 Best Caves in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park ranked in the top 4 for Best Family Fun in Sunset magazine Travel Awards
Start your family fun today!
See group discounts for your next reunion, company picnic and more!
There’s always something happening on the mountain! Visit Us.
Choose a thrill to suit your season.
If you are into thrills and adrenaline, then this place is for you! From swings that are located on a cliff side, to rollercoasters on… read moreJosh Souxayavong6/08/2021
Great family day trip! 2 hr 45 min drive from Denver and so worth it. Enjoyed the gondola ride up the mountain to the… read moreZilla R.6/07/2021
Multigenerational Visit Came from MN and spent the entire day here with three children/grandchildren. We did every ride (many multiple times!) and enjoyed our Cave Tour with… read moreLeah Z6/05/2021
We rode our bikes from Hotel Colorado to the park. very easy. We got there at 1015 am on June 15. 10 minute line to… read moreMike W.6/05/2021
We went on Memorial Day, which may have been a terrible idea…. we only got to tour one cave and ride one ride because the… read moreSheena Horob6/02/2021
This place is great for kids 6-16!! The park is very clean and the staff is fabulous!!! My husband and I took our 9 year… read moreChristina Tanksley6/02/2021