Wow your special someone with a well-planned day of fun, topped off with dinner in Glenwood Springs. These ideas are particularly appropriate for February, the month we celebrate romantic love, but steal them anytime you want to impress the love of your life!
- Hot Dip. Spend a couple of hours soaking together at Iron Mountain Hot Springs. The setting along the Colorado river lends itself to laid-back lounging, while the naturally hot geothermal water will tease out tension and leave you both feeling sublimely relaxed. Try all the soaking pools, but be sure to take a dip in Ruby, its heart shape is a favorite with couples. Later, when you’re hungry for more, ask for a table for two in the cozy new yurt at CO Ranch House. The alpine-elegant restaurant specializes in traditional cuisine with a modern, western twist.
- Time Rewind. Go back in time, way back. The King’s Row tour at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park features stunning cave formations that have been slowly growing since the shallow seas that once covered the region receded some 325 million years ago! As you travel deeper into the heart of the mountain, you’ll see the most lavishly decorated cave room in Colorado. We’ll even turn out the lights if you want to steal a kiss! Keep the focus on history alive with dinner at an authentic western tavern. Doc Holliday’s Saloon is easy to spot with its neon pistol. Enjoy burgers, green chili, beer and cocktails. If you’re in the mood, the Rocky Mountain Oysters are said to be an aphrodisiac!
- Winter Drama. Get your blood pumping with a romantic winter outing. Traipse through the woods at Sunlight Mountain’s Babbish Gulch trail system. Choose to venture out on either snowshoes or cross-country skis. If you want to impress, bring along a flask of your favorite liqueur, some snacks and stop for an alfresco picnic along the way. Keep the romantic vibes going with dinner at the Riviera Supper Club and Piano Bar. For a chill dessert idea, head to Sundae for small-batch ice cream, a sweet way to end the evening.
- Take it to the Limit. Let your passions loose with an exhilarating day on the slopes at Sunlight Mountain Resort. Ample beginner and intermediate terrain is sure to please; for an edgier experience, the steep East Ridge runs are for experts only. Après-ski head to Casey Brewing Taproom to sample award-winning sour beers and a selection of craft beer collaborations. For dinner, The Pullman’s hip industrial setting is known for its innovative twists on New American comfort food and creative libations.
- Escape on Main Street. Downtown Glenwood Springs is a destination on its own. Spend the day strolling through boutiques and shops. To keep things interesting though, lock yourselves in a room alone and see what happens! Put your heads together and try to puzzle your way out at the Glenwood Escape Room. For dinner, tuck into Brava Modern Trattoria, an intimate restaurant that serves contemporary Italian cuisine.
Now that we’ve plied you with romantic ideas, get busy making plans. Learn more about Glenwood Springs and plan a visit to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park today.