Earlier than expected, snow is falling in Glenwood Springs! At Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park that means a mountain of cold-weather fun is about to kick off so #getuphere this winter.
Temperatures may be dropping and snowflakes falling, but at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park we’re warming up for a chill-chasing season of winter thrills. Some people love the cold and snow and look forward to skiing and snowboarding at resorts in the valley. For others, enduring winter is a test of perseverance until the first springtime hyacinths break through crusty banks of snow. Whatever your outlook, there’s no stopping the fact that winter is on its way. Make the most of it and #getuphere for a mountain of fun this winter. Need more motivation? Check out these seven reasons to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park this winter.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park gets the holiday party started on Nov. 19, with Winter on the Mountain featuring live music in the Lookout Grille, a giant musical Christmas tree playing favorite holiday tunes, a mesmerizing tunnel of lights, visits with Santa Claus and more than a half a million twinkle lights strung throughout the Park turning it into a magical winter wonderland for kids of all ages. #getuphere
- Gondola Giving. Tis the season to give back to those less fortunate as well. The Adventure Park is again partnering with local food pantry LiftUp and City Market grocery stores to supply holiday meals for those in need in our local communities. It’s easy to participate. Just purchase a $25 gift card from City Market and bring it to the Adventure Park between Nov. 19 and Dec.31. For your generosity, we’ll throw in four free Glenwood Gondola tickets worth $100! #getuphere
- Meet Santa. The beloved Christmas tradition of youngsters meeting Old St. Nick and telling him their Christmas wishes lives on at the Adventure Park. As part of Winter on the Mountain, Santa has agreed to make regular visits to the mountaintop. Make plans to see him between 4 and 7 p.m. on Saturdays beginning Nov. 19 through Dec.17. He’s also agreed to stop by on Sunday, Dec. 18 from 2 to 5 p.m. On the days when Santa is in residence, kids 12 and under can ride the Glenwood Gondola for free as well! #getuphere
- Cave Tours. If you want to escape the snow, go underground. It might even be warmer under the surface of the earth. No matter the outdoor temps, the caverns stay a moderate 52˚F year-round. Our expert guides lead the way on two tours that showcase the wonders of the subterranean world. The King’s Row tour journeys to one of the most highly decorated cave rooms in the state while the Historical Fairy Caves delves into the original caves that the earliest spelunkers explored over a century ago. #getuphere
- Winter Rides & Attractions. The rides keep rolling at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. For some fast-flying fun try the Soaring Eagle Zip Ride. The two-seater ride allows you and a friend the thrill and freedom of flying like birds over the treetops. The Alpine Coaster is another winter winner. Our first thrill ride and a perennial guest favorite, you’ll speed down the mountain, racing around curves and down straightaways. Other attractions that are a blast of fun in winter include the 4D Motion Theater and Laser Tag. #getuphere
- Friendly Trolls. If you haven’t met Chantico and Halvor, our friendly mountain trolls, now is the perfect time to say hello to these two loveable creatures who like to pose for photos. The trolls reside along the Iron Mountain Trail which takes off to the west of the Plaza. Chantico is the Defender of Fire and Halvor Flowstone is the Protector of the Cave. Even though each is about 14 feet tall, they are kind and kid-friendly beings who welcome kids of all ages to learn more about them. #getuphere
- FAC. Yes, Friday Afternoon Club is still going strong and back for winter with $5 draft beers, food specials and live music on Fridays beginning Nov. 25. This season’s lineup of entertainers includes Oran Moore, Jeff Rice, Feeding Giants, Obadiah Jones, Stone Kitchen and Gerry Goodman Acoustic. #getuphere
Take note, the Adventure Park will be closed for 11 days, from Monday, Oct. 31 to Thursday, Nov. 10 while we get ready to embrace winter. It will take us nearly two weeks to set up holiday displays and string miles of twinkle lights throughout the park and on rides. When the Park reopens on Friday, Nov. 11, our lower-priced Winter Funday Tickets will also be in effect—another reason to #getuphere this winter.
Show us the winter memories you made by using #getuphere when you post to social media. Learn more and make plans to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park starting in November!