Octoberfest at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is an autumn tradition—full of fall colors, fall flavors and fall fun for the whole family. From contests and games to brats and beer, it’s the event of the season. Make a reservation and wear a face covering to join in!
Octoberfest is on! Grab your lederhosen and don your dirndls for German-style fun at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. For three Saturdays, October 3, 10 and 17 from noon to 6 p.m., the mountain-top theme park goes full Bavarian with traditional food, cold brews, an oompah band and much more. While having a great time is the main attraction, guest safety is a top priority. Check out what’s new, what’s happening and what isn’t for Octoberfest 2020.
Happy & Healthy
This year, Octoberfest guests will need to make online reservations to attend. Advance reservations will help limit the number of people in attendance and ensure that event-goers have plenty of room for social distancing. Online reservations are easy to make, just select your date, park entry time, type of pass—Funday, Gondola & Cave or Gondola Only—and continue to checkout. Also, keep in mind that face coverings are required. Take them off to enjoy your sauerkraut-covered bratwurst and amber lager, but otherwise keep them in place during events, music and dancing.
Saturday Octoberfest Activities
We think it’s “wunderbar” that most Glenwood Caverns Octoberfest activities can return this year. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Prosit! The Fort will again be the site of the beer garden and food tent. Volunteer members of the local roller derby, rugby and ski patrol will be pouring and serving drinks along with a good-natured side of sass. Our Glenwood Caverns logoed beer steins are also back for just $20 which includes your first beer and discounted refills.
- Fill your belly. Follow your nose to the outdoor grill for bratwurst and kielbasa, German sauerkraut, giant pretzels and Bavarian nuts. For dessert, treat yourself to delicious Bavarian cream puffs and fudge-covered apples or marshmallows.
- Grab your partner. Get ready to dance, yodel and sing along, from noon to 4 p.m., with the legendary Alpine Echo band playing traditional German music including polkas, waltzes and everyone’s favorite the chicken dance!
- Get competitive. Show off for the audience in contests designed to highlight your hidden talents. Both ladies and gents are welcome to vie for prizes and applause in axe throwing, keg bowling and stein holding.
- Bigger is better. Fun gets super-sized with large outdoor games. Try hyper-scaled versions of Connect-4, Giant Jenga, bucket pong, as well as old-fashioned lawn games like corn hole.
- Be wowed. Jammin Jim, a magician, juggler and professional entertainer, will be delighting crowds of all ages with his mesmerizing tricks and antics.
- Great pumpkin. Though there won’t be a pumpkin patch this year, Glenwood Caverns will be still selling the orange gourds for just $3 apiece—the cheapest in town. Be sure you get yours before you leave the mountain-top.
Changes for Octoberfest 2020
Due to COVID, there are a few changes to the schedule this year. These include no Airi photos, hayrides, face painting or children’s games, and the Trading Post will be closed.
Every Day in October
Throughout the month, the Lookout Grille will also feature specials that include imported German beer, bratwurst, soft pretzels and apple cider. At the General Store, look for scrumptious seasonal fudge flavors, as well as fudge-covered apples! With all the autumn-themed decorations including pumpkins, straw bales corn stalks and more, Glenwood Caverns is the ideal setting for your fall-themed family photos.
During October, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (closed Tuesdays) and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.