There’s so much to do in Glenwood Springs!
Your official guide to Glenwood Springs. Receive discounts when you stay and play in Glenwood Springs and the surrounding areas. After you’ve explored Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, from the depths of our caverns to the height of our adrenaline-pumping thrill rides, spend some time investigating Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Named a 2018 Top Outdoor Adventure Town by Elevation Outdoors, Glenwood Springs is the perfect base of operations for family-friendly adventures. Try top activities like rafting, hiking, skiing, rock climbing, fishing and mountain biking.
It’s also a great place to relax. Soak in the hot springs, get a massage at a spa, stroll through the boutiques, grab something delicious to eat. Glenwood is also home to great events like Strawberry Days, Summer of Music, Music on the Mountain and Ski Spree. For history buffs learn more about Doc Holliday by visiting his memorial marker and a museum dedicated to his life and times. Prefer cultural activities? Check out the galleries, farmers’ markets and more while you’re here.
A great place to stay, Glenwood Springs has an inventory of hundreds of guest rooms in all price ranges.
See More Area Activities
Other Popular Glenwood Springs Attractions
- Family-fun dinner theater show – new material each season.
- November 24th to January 6, 2018
- Thursday, Friday & Saturdays at 6pm
- Sundays at 5pm
- More shows added during Christmas & New Years. Call for schedules.
- Professional talent performing a two-hour show of comedy skits, jokes, high-energy dance numbers, and unique novel songs that are guaranteed to help you laugh your worries away; and all this while you enjoy a meal prepared by some of Glenwood Springs’ best restaurants.
- Call 970-945-9699 for more info or visit the website
- A true volunteer community theater group
- Started in 1972
- At least one great theater production per year
- Providing great theater experience for the audience, cast and crew
MuseumsFrontier Historical Society
- The museum is managed by the Frontier Historical Society and features artifacts, photos and Doc Holliday memorabilia. They also maintain a large collection of archives and local historical records.
- The museum is located at 1001 Colorado Avenue in Glenwood Springs.
- May to September: open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday – Saturday October through April: open 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Monday & Thursday – Saturday
- Call 970-945-4448 for more info
Hot Springs and Vapor CavesIron Mountain Hot Springs
- Colorado’s newest hot springs.
- A freshwater family pool with a massaging whirlpool spa and 16 mineral hot springs soaking pools, located on the banks of the Colorado River.
- The Bathhouse features modern locker rooms, family changing rooms, and a retail Gift Shop.
- Telephone 970-945-4766
- 281 Centennial Street Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Located on the opposite side of Interstate 70, northwest of Two Rivers Park)
- Telephone 970-945-0667
- 709 East Sixth Street Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Located northeast of the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, next building to the east behind the Glenwood Center for the Arts)
- Telephone 970-945-6571
- 415 East Sixth Street Glenwood Springs, CO 81602 (Located on the north side of the Colorado River, just east of the Grand Avenue Bridge. Go north down the bridge and immediately turn right)
Skiing & SnowboardingSunlight Mountain Resort
- Sunlight Mountain Resort and Ski Area is a ski area in Colorado, located in Garfield County in the White River National Forest, south of nearby Glenwood Springs.
Shooting SportsGlenwood Springs Archery Range
- Open to the public year round from dusk to dawn
- No crossbows
- Check website for public hours
- Contact Jim Neil regarding Gun Club membership at 970-379-0646
Colorado RiverGlenwood Springs Whitewater Activity Area
- Glenwood Spring’s Whitewater Park is located on the Colorado River. Roadway access is just upriver from the Midland Ave. bridge and exit 114 off Interstate 70 (in West Glenwood Springs)
- During the summer season parking is very limited at the park, but overflow parking is available southeast of the park… take Midland Avenue to the RFTA bus parking lot. Do not park along Midland Ave.
- If you wish to use the Whitewater Park, helmets and life jackets are required.
- Rafting in Glenwood Springs is one of the town’s top summertime activities. The Colorado River as it travels though Glenwood Canyon is among the state’s most spectacular and dramatic settings for a river rafting trip. Bound by cliffs on either side, the river tumbles and glides its way through the canyon to Glenwood Springs. Along the way, rafters are in for an exciting ride. Highlights include paddling Class IV and V rapids, stopping at riverside hot springs and floating the flats where there are plenty of places to swim and splash.
Other InformationGlenwood Springs Police Department
- Emergency: call 911
- Non emergency: 970-384-6500
- 101 W 8th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Located on the west side of the Glenwood Springs City Hall building)
- Telephone 970-945-2701
- 113 9th St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Located one block west of Grand Avenue)
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Telephone 970-945-9563
- 413 7th Street Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
- Served by the California Zephyr, the train route runs Chicago – Denver – Salt Lake City – Emeryville / San Francisco
- 6.5 hrs to the Denver station to the east, via California Zephyr
- 2 hours to the Grand Junction station to the west, via California Zephyr
- 802 Grand Avenue (CMC Building) in downtown Glenwood Springs, also the home of the Glenwood Springs Chamber.
- The center provides a knowledgeable staff plus graphics, video and displays to provide information about both the community of Glenwood Springs and Colorado Mountain College
- For more visitor information on Glenwood Springs, be sure to visit https://www.visitglenwood.com.
- Telephone 970-945-5958
- 413 9th Street, Glenwood Springs CO 81601 (Located one block east of Grand Avenue)
Start your family fun today!
See group discounts for your next reunion, company picnic and more!
There’s always something happening on the mountain! Visit Us.
Choose a thrill to suit your season.