Stay cozy and snug with warm winter drinks at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. From hot cocoa to sangria, there’s something tasty on the drink menu for adults and kids at the mountain-top theme park.Continue reading
Halloween is a family-friendly day at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. On Sunday, October 31, youngsters in costume can enjoy fun and games All Hallow’s Eve long!Continue reading
The autumn weather is perfect and so are the beer and brats at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. For three weekends in October, the mountaintop theme park celebrates the season with German-themed events, music and family-friendly activities.Continue reading
Glenwood Canyon has gotten a lot of attention in the news lately. Mudslides have caused a temporary closure of the interstate highway that travels to and through Glenwood Springs. As optimists though, we believe there is always a silver lining.Continue reading
Got cabin fever? Get going to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park for spring break thrills! The mountain-top theme park is open every day beginning Friday, March 12!Continue reading
Get ready to ride at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, our Unlimited Alpine Coaster ticket is a wintertime winner!Continue reading
Add some big thrills to your romance with a visit to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The mountain-top theme park in Glenwood Springs is the perfect place for heart-warming and heart-pounding fun.
Give your romantic relationship a love booster shot. A spur-of-the-moment, micro-getaway that includes Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park could be just the remedy for the mid-winter amour doldrums. The Adventure Park checks all the boxes for a romantic good time and a great date.
- Snuggle on the Glenwood Gondola. The orange gondola cars will whisk you and your partner high above the humdrum of the ordinary. Get cozy under blankets that are provided in each cabin as you travel from the valley floor to the park entrance at the top of Iron Mountain. Consider it the grown up version of seven minutes in heaven!
- Plumb the depths. Explore new territory together. Cave tours offer couples a glimpse of a rare and magnificent underground landscape. See spectacular stalactites, stalagmites, showy aragonite crystals and more. The caverns have also been the site of more than a few marriage proposals and wedding ceremonies!
- Feel the need for speed on the Alpine Coaster. Sometimes you’ve just got to go a little wild. Let the throttle out on the Alpine Coaster. You determine your speed as you soar down the mountain. The cool mountain air and fast pace are guaranteed to awaken the senses.
- Be silly in the 4-D Theater. Love isn’t rational. You don’t need to be ten years old to enjoy these 15 minute animated shows. Grab a seat at this family-friendly attraction, put on your glasses and enjoy the surround sound, bumps and breezes of 4-D technology. By the end, no matter your age, you’ll feel like kids again.
- Unwind with libations. For a more mature pastime, head to the Lookout Grille for an adult beverage and some sustenance. The bar serves a selection of decadent cocktails, beer in bottles and on tap. Wine and a Bloody Mary bar are other options. You can also satisfy your partner’s appetite at the Lookout Grille. The restaurant has an extensive menu of delicious casual dining menu choices.
- Take in the views. To paraphrase Antoine de St. Exupéry, it not all about looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction that matters. On your visit to the Adventure Park be sure to walk up to the Viewing Deck above the General Store for landscape views of the Roaring Fork Valley and Glenwood Springs. This is also the perfect spot for a romantic couple’s photo.
- Attend an intimate concert. Add a little night music to the mix with Friday Afternoon Club FAC features talented local bands and food and drink specials every Friday through February from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The Park’s FAC also includes a free gondola ride after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent on Fridays. The small indoor venue is relaxed and laid back—perfect for a date night.
Love is a big, bold adventure. Add some thrills to your romance at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park!
Looking for a last minute holiday gift? There’s still time to treat your favorite people with a sweet gift from Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Handmade fudge is perfect for every person on your gift giving list, from your closest friends and family to your neighbor down the street, new co-worker or holiday pet and plant sitter—pretty much anyone on your list who deserves a little something extra. You might be surprised to learn that Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, better known for its thrill rides and cave tours, is also home to a mountain-full of fudge!
The melt-in-your-mouth confection is a top-selling item at the Adventure Park’s General Store where it’s a main attraction year-round but especially so at the holidays. Each batch is made using only the highest quality ingredients. Technically, it only takes a few of them to make fudge: chocolate, butter, sugar, cream and vanilla, but making fudge is a notoriously persnickety process. Over cook it and it will become grainy, add too much of one ingredient or other and the consistency will be off.
Getting it right takes experience. Having made literally tons of the sweet stuff since 2015, Glenwood Caverns has perfected its fudge making process, expertly churning out one consistent batch after another. Our homemade fudge comes in an assortment of traditional and unusual flavors. Please note that while there is always a delicious array of fudge varieties from which to choose, not all of them may be available at any given time. The list below is a sampling of what you might find in store:
- Raspberry Chocolate Swirl
- Chocolate Walnut
- Peanut Butter Explosion
- Caramel Chocolate Peanut
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Cookies & Cream
- Maple Walnut
- Butter Pecan
- Coconut Delight
- Heath English Toffee
- Chewy Praline
- Seasonal Selections
During the last minute rush to complete your holiday shopping, there’s no need to panic or fret. Put a smile on their faces with the old-fashioned gift of hand crafted fudge—if you like, even take credit for making it, we won’t tell. For a beautiful gift presentation, no wrapping required, the store staff will package your purchase in a gift box.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park holiday hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Jan. 4; Sundays until 5 p.m.; closing early on Christmas Eve, Tuesday Dec. 24, at 5 p.m.; and closed on Christmas Day, Wednesday Dec. 25.
Enjoy Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park year-round at a discounted rate when you purchase your Annual Thrill Pass by January 1, 2020.
With only a couple of weeks left, now’s the time to take advantage of Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Pass sale. Through January 1, 2020, annual passes are just $90 for adults (regularly $128) and $78 for kids ages 3 to 12 (regularly $116). That’s a $38 savings, an amount equal to the value of an annual Gondola Pass. In other words, the Adventure Park will throw in a Glenwood Gondola Pass to anyone who purchases an Annual Thrill Pass by Jan. 1!
A Perfect Last-minute Gift for Kids and Families
If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for your children or an activity-oriented gift that you can enjoy together both now and later, a Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Pass is an easy choice for high-flying, family-friendly fun all year round. This special is available online only and the offer ends Jan. 1, 2020. To purchase, go here—Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park—use the promo code ALLYEARFUN and follow the prompts to complete your transaction.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Park Passes include:
- Unlimited rides on the Glenwood Gondola to take you to the Adventure Park anytime you want to enjoy the mountain-top setting for a fun-filled day that includes action-packed activities, dining with a view, live musical entertainment and more.
- Unlimited turns on Adventure Park rides and attractions, including favorite thrill rides like the Alpine Coaster and the Giant Canyon Swing. Passes also include family attractions like kid-friendly rides, the laser tag arena and 4-D Theater shows.
- Enjoy unlimited cave tours. Take guided cave tours through King’s Row and the Historic Fairy Caves with our expert guides whenever you feel like it. These beautiful underground landscapes never cease to amaze.
- Free event admission is also included. With the exception of special ticketed events, your Pass provides access to mountain-top events such as Kick-off celebrations, Music on the Mountain, Friday Afternoon Club (FAC), Octoberfest and Winter on the Mountain.
- Get 10 percent off at mountain-top dining and retail venues. Just show your Thrill Pass at the Lookout Grille or the General Store Gift Shop to trim a cool ten percent off the top of your purchase.
While many Colorado theme parks shut down for the winter months, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park remains open all winter long with seasonal rides, cave tours, dining and entertainment.
Elitch Gardens, the amusement park in Denver may have wrapped up its season, but Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs keeps the fun going strong all winter long with Winter on the Mountain, a wonder-filled season at the mountain-top theme park.
With plenty of chilly, but sunshine filled days ahead, visiting the Adventure Park in the off season has its perks. Visitors can look forward to fewer crowds and reduced off-season pricing, all while still enjoying many of the Park’s highlights including award-winning thrill rides, fun family attractions, two spectacular cave tours, dining with a view and live music entertainment.
What Not to Miss
Winter on the mountain is an ongoing celebration that shines bright on winter’s darkest nights with a dazzling display of more than a half million lights which can even be seen from Glenwood Springs. A giant Christmas tree with lights choreographed to holiday songs is a focal point in the plaza, where there are also fire pits for warming up and for roasting s’mores (purchase your s’mores kits from the General Store). And, throughout the time leading up to Christmas, Santa will be making regular stops to pose for photos with youngsters.
Fun & Games
Glenwood Caverns’ rides and attractions have season-spanning appeal and a knack for making kids of all ages smile from ear to ear. The Alpine Coaster, which features twinkly fairy lights after dark, provides a more controlled downward descent with a magical and relaxing tow back to the top. Winter guests can also shoot it out in the laser tag arena and watch one of four animated shows in the 4D motion theater.
Dining & Entertainment
The Lookout Grille is a picture-perfect setting for lunch or dinner. Along with a casual meal enjoy spectacular views of Glenwood Springs below, the Roaring Fork Valley to the south and the Colorado River Valley to the west. On Friday nights, from 5 to 8:30 p.m., don’t miss Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) with live music featuring talented local bands and food and drink specials. Gondola rides are free after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Post Independent each Friday. Each coupon is valid for up to four people.
Adventure Park Winter Hours
Winter on the Mountain at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park hours are as follows: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday through Feb. 29, 2020. The park is closed Monday through Thursday. During the holidays, it will be open daily Nov. 15 to Dec. 1, except for Thanksgiving Day, and Dec. 20 to Jan. 5, except for Christmas Day.
Don’t miss out on a mountain-full of adventure this winter! Plan to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park today.