Get ready to ride at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, our Unlimited Alpine Coaster ticket is a wintertime winner!Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a new year and we’re making our annual resolutions, all of which include you—our guests. We want to thank you for supporting Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park throughout 2020, and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the mountain-top once again in the coming months. Take a look at what we’re committed to in 2021.Continue reading
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park has unique gifts for everyone on your holiday shopping list. Plan a day at the mountaintop park to do a little shopping and have a lot of fun!Continue reading
The mountain-top theme park in Glenwood Springs, Colo., continues its tradition of family-friendly holiday fun—COVID-19-style—beginning Friday, Nov. 13, with holiday lights, a giant musical Christmas tree, firepits for roasting marshmallows, live music and more. Gondola Giving, a fundraiser to provide meals to community members in need, starts then as well and continues through Dec. 24.Continue reading
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park invites you to join in Gondola Giving—a fun and philanthropic way to give your neighbors and your spirits a lift this year—beginning on Friday, Nov. 13.Continue reading
As you make plans to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park this fall and winter, note these important changes to park hours, ride and attraction schedules and see what’s new on our calendar of fun things to do.Continue reading
Add some big thrills to your romance with a visit to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The mountain-top theme park in Glenwood Springs is the perfect place for heart-warming and heart-pounding fun.
Give your romantic relationship a love booster shot. A spur-of-the-moment, micro-getaway that includes Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park could be just the remedy for the mid-winter amour doldrums. The Adventure Park checks all the boxes for a romantic good time and a great date.
- Snuggle on the Glenwood Gondola. The orange gondola cars will whisk you and your partner high above the humdrum of the ordinary. Get cozy under blankets that are provided in each cabin as you travel from the valley floor to the park entrance at the top of Iron Mountain. Consider it the grown up version of seven minutes in heaven!
- Plumb the depths. Explore new territory together. Cave tours offer couples a glimpse of a rare and magnificent underground landscape. See spectacular stalactites, stalagmites, showy aragonite crystals and more. The caverns have also been the site of more than a few marriage proposals and wedding ceremonies!
- Feel the need for speed on the Alpine Coaster. Sometimes you’ve just got to go a little wild. Let the throttle out on the Alpine Coaster. You determine your speed as you soar down the mountain. The cool mountain air and fast pace are guaranteed to awaken the senses.
- Be silly in the 4-D Theater. Love isn’t rational. You don’t need to be ten years old to enjoy these 15 minute animated shows. Grab a seat at this family-friendly attraction, put on your glasses and enjoy the surround sound, bumps and breezes of 4-D technology. By the end, no matter your age, you’ll feel like kids again.
- Unwind with libations. For a more mature pastime, head to the Lookout Grille for an adult beverage and some sustenance. The bar serves a selection of decadent cocktails, beer in bottles and on tap. Wine and a Bloody Mary bar are other options. You can also satisfy your partner’s appetite at the Lookout Grille. The restaurant has an extensive menu of delicious casual dining menu choices.
- Take in the views. To paraphrase Antoine de St. Exupéry, it not all about looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction that matters. On your visit to the Adventure Park be sure to walk up to the Viewing Deck above the General Store for landscape views of the Roaring Fork Valley and Glenwood Springs. This is also the perfect spot for a romantic couple’s photo.
- Attend an intimate concert. Add a little night music to the mix with Friday Afternoon Club FAC features talented local bands and food and drink specials every Friday through February from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The Park’s FAC also includes a free gondola ride after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent on Fridays. The small indoor venue is relaxed and laid back—perfect for a date night.
Love is a big, bold adventure. Add some thrills to your romance at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park!
When you’re skiing or snowboarding at the mountains of Aspen and Snowmass, Vail Resorts or Sunlight Mountain Resort, your Colorado ski vacation should be packed with peak experiences. Add even more high-elevation thrills with a day trip to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Skiing and riding the back bowls of Vail, down the face of Aspen Mountain, or a thigh-burner run on Ute at Sunlight Mountain Resort is the stuff of powder dreams come true. These Rocky Mountain resorts are part of the quintessential Colorado outdoor winter experience. While the bulk of your ski vacation will be spent slope-side, set just one day aside to explore adventuring options further afield.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs is located within easy driving distance of both Aspen area mountains and Vail Resorts. The proximity makes planning this day trip bunny-slope simple. As the highest elevation theme park in North America, the Adventure Park is as much an essential Colorado experience as first tracks in Blue Sky Basin on a powder day.
Other upsides of visiting Glenwood Springs include a respite for ski-fatigued bodies and the opportunity to relax in riverside hot springs.
Getting to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
- From Vail, follow I-70 west for 60 miles. As you approach Glenwood Springs you’ll travel through Glenwood Canyon, one of the most stunning stretches of highway in the western U.S. At Glenwood Springs, take exit 116. Bear left through the round-about, turning right onto Highway 6 and left at Devereux Road.
- Aspen is a short 40 miles away from Glenwood Springs; travel north via Highway 82 to Glenwood Springs. Continue through town, over the Grand Avenue Bridge. At the round-about turn right on Highway 6, then left at Devereux Road.
- From Sunlight Mountain Resort, take Four Mile Road approximately 10 miles to Glenwood Springs and follow the same directions as if coming from Aspen.
The Height of Fun
Just like your experience on the slopes, your Caverns adventure begins with a gondola ride. The bright orange Glenwood Gondola cabins will whisk you up to the mountain-top park entrance. Along the way, take in spectacular views of snow covered Glenwood Springs and the Roaring Fork Valley below.
After you step off the gondola, explore all the Adventure Park has to offer. Winter Fun Passes are the best value and include your Gondola pass, as well as two cave tours and unlimited turns on rides and attractions. The Alpine Coaster lets you zoom down the mountainside at your own pace. Let out the throttle or take it easy; it’s up to you.
Cave tours are dazzling; chock-full of spectacular formations. Expert guides lead the way through the underground landscape imparting a custom blend of historical data, fun facts and engaging stories. Lighted displays show off the cave formations to their best advantage much like sculptural artwork in a high-end resort gallery.
Adventure Park visitors can also have fun at attractions like the laser tag arena, 4-D Theater and enjoy casual dining with a view in the Lookout Grille. Pick up some homemade fudge in the General Store to nibble on before heading back to ski towns.
While You’re In Glenwood Springs…
Plan to spend at least two to four hours enjoying Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Since Aspen, Vail and Sunlight Mountain Resort are all nearby, you’ll have time to relax with other Glenwood Springs activities as well. Ideas include:
- Soak in the geothermal soaking pools at Iron Mountain Hot Springs
- Attend a hilarious Glenwood Vaudeville Revue show
- Stroll and shop at boutiques in downtown Glenwood Springs
- Visit the Doc Holliday Museum in the basement level of Bullocks or hike to his grave marker in Linwood Cemetery
- Grab a Glenwood Springs-made craft beer at Casey’s Brewing Taproom and Glenwood Canyon Brewpub
- Sip a premium coffee or a signature cocktail at the historic Hotel Colorado
- Indulge in a soothing massage or body treatment at one of Glenwood’s many spas
Take your Vail, Aspen or Sunlight ski vacation to all-new heights. Plan your visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park today!
Enjoy Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park year-round at a discounted rate when you purchase your Annual Thrill Pass by January 1, 2020.
With only a couple of weeks left, now’s the time to take advantage of Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Pass sale. Through January 1, 2020, annual passes are just $90 for adults (regularly $128) and $78 for kids ages 3 to 12 (regularly $116). That’s a $38 savings, an amount equal to the value of an annual Gondola Pass. In other words, the Adventure Park will throw in a Glenwood Gondola Pass to anyone who purchases an Annual Thrill Pass by Jan. 1!
A Perfect Last-minute Gift for Kids and Families
If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for your children or an activity-oriented gift that you can enjoy together both now and later, a Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Pass is an easy choice for high-flying, family-friendly fun all year round. This special is available online only and the offer ends Jan. 1, 2020. To purchase, go here—Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park—use the promo code ALLYEARFUN and follow the prompts to complete your transaction.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park Annual Thrill Park Passes include:
- Unlimited rides on the Glenwood Gondola to take you to the Adventure Park anytime you want to enjoy the mountain-top setting for a fun-filled day that includes action-packed activities, dining with a view, live musical entertainment and more.
- Unlimited turns on Adventure Park rides and attractions, including favorite thrill rides like the Alpine Coaster and the Giant Canyon Swing. Passes also include family attractions like kid-friendly rides, the laser tag arena and 4-D Theater shows.
- Enjoy unlimited cave tours. Take guided cave tours through King’s Row and the Historic Fairy Caves with our expert guides whenever you feel like it. These beautiful underground landscapes never cease to amaze.
- Free event admission is also included. With the exception of special ticketed events, your Pass provides access to mountain-top events such as Kick-off celebrations, Music on the Mountain, Friday Afternoon Club (FAC), Octoberfest and Winter on the Mountain.
- Get 10 percent off at mountain-top dining and retail venues. Just show your Thrill Pass at the Lookout Grille or the General Store Gift Shop to trim a cool ten percent off the top of your purchase.
Glenwood Caverns invites you to GIVE at the base of the Glenwood Gondola for our community-minded event, Gondola Giving. Beginning at 2 p.m., we will be continuing the tradition of collecting food donations for Thanksgiving meals to community members in need. Guests who bring in non-perishable food items will receive one free gondola admission ticket for our Winter on the Mountain Kick-Off event beginning at 5 p.m., or you can donate grocery gift cards of $20 or more for 4 gondola admission tickets to be used at the event and be entered to win great prizes! Prizes included Annual Thrill Passes and soak passes to Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Donations can be dropped off at the Bighorn Toyota truck parked at the gondola base, then pick up your free gondola passes at the cashier window. The free passes are valid Nov. 23, 2019, only.
During Gondola Giving, local radio broadcaster, Jim Williams will be riding the Glenwood Gondola from 2-4 p.m., broadcasting live to keep the giving going. With special interviews from Glenwood Caverns Employees and later, Santa will give a special interview before making his debut appearance. A special thanks to Bighorn Toyota for collecting cans in a beautiful Toyota truck to later be sent to local food pantry Lift-UP.
See you at the Glenwood Gondola base for Gondola Giving and the Winter on the Mountain Kick-Off!