From the valley floor to the mountaintop, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park redefines sightseeing with the best views in Glenwood Springs.Continue reading
Long-time Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park employee, now Glenwood Gondola Supervisor, Tommy Sweeney gives us a peek at what’s involved in running those iconic orange gondolas up and down the mountain!Continue reading
Get ready to ride at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, our Unlimited Alpine Coaster ticket is a wintertime winner!Continue reading
It’s the beginning of a new year and we’re making our annual resolutions, all of which include you—our guests. We want to thank you for supporting Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park throughout 2020, and we’re looking forward to seeing you at the mountain-top once again in the coming months. Take a look at what we’re committed to in 2021.Continue reading
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park has unique gifts for everyone on your holiday shopping list. Plan a day at the mountaintop park to do a little shopping and have a lot of fun!Continue reading
The mountain-top theme park in Glenwood Springs, Colo., continues its tradition of family-friendly holiday fun—COVID-19-style—beginning Friday, Nov. 13, with holiday lights, a giant musical Christmas tree, firepits for roasting marshmallows, live music and more. Gondola Giving, a fundraiser to provide meals to community members in need, starts then as well and continues through Dec. 24.Continue reading
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park invites you to join in Gondola Giving—a fun and philanthropic way to give your neighbors and your spirits a lift this year—beginning on Friday, Nov. 13.Continue reading
As you make plans to visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park this fall and winter, note these important changes to park hours, ride and attraction schedules and see what’s new on our calendar of fun things to do.Continue reading
Add some big thrills to your romance with a visit to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. The mountain-top theme park in Glenwood Springs is the perfect place for heart-warming and heart-pounding fun.
Give your romantic relationship a love booster shot. A spur-of-the-moment, micro-getaway that includes Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park could be just the remedy for the mid-winter amour doldrums. The Adventure Park checks all the boxes for a romantic good time and a great date.
- Snuggle on the Glenwood Gondola. The orange gondola cars will whisk you and your partner high above the humdrum of the ordinary. Get cozy under blankets that are provided in each cabin as you travel from the valley floor to the park entrance at the top of Iron Mountain. Consider it the grown up version of seven minutes in heaven!
- Plumb the depths. Explore new territory together. Cave tours offer couples a glimpse of a rare and magnificent underground landscape. See spectacular stalactites, stalagmites, showy aragonite crystals and more. The caverns have also been the site of more than a few marriage proposals and wedding ceremonies!
- Feel the need for speed on the Alpine Coaster. Sometimes you’ve just got to go a little wild. Let the throttle out on the Alpine Coaster. You determine your speed as you soar down the mountain. The cool mountain air and fast pace are guaranteed to awaken the senses.
- Be silly in the 4-D Theater. Love isn’t rational. You don’t need to be ten years old to enjoy these 15 minute animated shows. Grab a seat at this family-friendly attraction, put on your glasses and enjoy the surround sound, bumps and breezes of 4-D technology. By the end, no matter your age, you’ll feel like kids again.
- Unwind with libations. For a more mature pastime, head to the Lookout Grille for an adult beverage and some sustenance. The bar serves a selection of decadent cocktails, beer in bottles and on tap. Wine and a Bloody Mary bar are other options. You can also satisfy your partner’s appetite at the Lookout Grille. The restaurant has an extensive menu of delicious casual dining menu choices.
- Take in the views. To paraphrase Antoine de St. Exupéry, it not all about looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction that matters. On your visit to the Adventure Park be sure to walk up to the Viewing Deck above the General Store for landscape views of the Roaring Fork Valley and Glenwood Springs. This is also the perfect spot for a romantic couple’s photo.
- Attend an intimate concert. Add a little night music to the mix with Friday Afternoon Club FAC features talented local bands and food and drink specials every Friday through February from 5 to 8:30 p.m. The Park’s FAC also includes a free gondola ride after 4 p.m. with a coupon that appears in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent on Fridays. The small indoor venue is relaxed and laid back—perfect for a date night.
Love is a big, bold adventure. Add some thrills to your romance at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park!
When you’re skiing or snowboarding at the mountains of Aspen and Snowmass, Vail Resorts or Sunlight Mountain Resort, your Colorado ski vacation should be packed with peak experiences. Add even more high-elevation thrills with a day trip to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park.
Skiing and riding the back bowls of Vail, down the face of Aspen Mountain, or a thigh-burner run on Ute at Sunlight Mountain Resort is the stuff of powder dreams come true. These Rocky Mountain resorts are part of the quintessential Colorado outdoor winter experience. While the bulk of your ski vacation will be spent slope-side, set just one day aside to explore adventuring options further afield.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs is located within easy driving distance of both Aspen area mountains and Vail Resorts. The proximity makes planning this day trip bunny-slope simple. As the highest elevation theme park in North America, the Adventure Park is as much an essential Colorado experience as first tracks in Blue Sky Basin on a powder day.
Other upsides of visiting Glenwood Springs include a respite for ski-fatigued bodies and the opportunity to relax in riverside hot springs.
Getting to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
- From Vail, follow I-70 west for 60 miles. As you approach Glenwood Springs you’ll travel through Glenwood Canyon, one of the most stunning stretches of highway in the western U.S. At Glenwood Springs, take exit 116. Bear left through the round-about, turning right onto Highway 6 and left at Devereux Road.
- Aspen is a short 40 miles away from Glenwood Springs; travel north via Highway 82 to Glenwood Springs. Continue through town, over the Grand Avenue Bridge. At the round-about turn right on Highway 6, then left at Devereux Road.
- From Sunlight Mountain Resort, take Four Mile Road approximately 10 miles to Glenwood Springs and follow the same directions as if coming from Aspen.
The Height of Fun
Just like your experience on the slopes, your Caverns adventure begins with a gondola ride. The bright orange Glenwood Gondola cabins will whisk you up to the mountain-top park entrance. Along the way, take in spectacular views of snow covered Glenwood Springs and the Roaring Fork Valley below.
After you step off the gondola, explore all the Adventure Park has to offer. Winter Fun Passes are the best value and include your Gondola pass, as well as two cave tours and unlimited turns on rides and attractions. The Alpine Coaster lets you zoom down the mountainside at your own pace. Let out the throttle or take it easy; it’s up to you.
Cave tours are dazzling; chock-full of spectacular formations. Expert guides lead the way through the underground landscape imparting a custom blend of historical data, fun facts and engaging stories. Lighted displays show off the cave formations to their best advantage much like sculptural artwork in a high-end resort gallery.
Adventure Park visitors can also have fun at attractions like the laser tag arena, 4-D Theater and enjoy casual dining with a view in the Lookout Grille. Pick up some homemade fudge in the General Store to nibble on before heading back to ski towns.
While You’re In Glenwood Springs…
Plan to spend at least two to four hours enjoying Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. Since Aspen, Vail and Sunlight Mountain Resort are all nearby, you’ll have time to relax with other Glenwood Springs activities as well. Ideas include:
- Soak in the geothermal soaking pools at Iron Mountain Hot Springs
- Attend a hilarious Glenwood Vaudeville Revue show
- Stroll and shop at boutiques in downtown Glenwood Springs
- Visit the Doc Holliday Museum in the basement level of Bullocks or hike to his grave marker in Linwood Cemetery
- Grab a Glenwood Springs-made craft beer at Casey’s Brewing Taproom and Glenwood Canyon Brewpub
- Sip a premium coffee or a signature cocktail at the historic Hotel Colorado
- Indulge in a soothing massage or body treatment at one of Glenwood’s many spas
Take your Vail, Aspen or Sunlight ski vacation to all-new heights. Plan your visit Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park today!